So, as I am in the need for a little comfort food as it is cold, and I am depressed (as per usual for this time of year) it is time for chicken and waffles, which I am making tomorrow for lunch. It will be a first for the hubs.
Chicken and Waffles
1. 1 recipe of your favorite waffle batter, enough for 2 (make sure there is a bit of sugar in the batter as it will help give the waffle a nice golden crust, but don't go overboard)
2. 2 chicken breasts, tenderized but not pulverized with a meat tenderizer
3. 1 cup AP flour, seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, on a plate
4. 3 eggs, beaten with 1 tsp water, on a plate
5. Oil for frying
1. Have the waffle batter ready and on stand by. Make sure your waffle iron is hot.
2. Pour oil in a deep frying pan, you want the oil about 1-2 inches deep. Heat to about 375 F.
3. Dredge the chicken in flour and shake off excess.
4. Dip in egg mix.
5. Dredge again in flour.
6. Start frying in the chicken, until golden brown. If the breasts are huge, they make need to finish in a 375 F oven for 10 minutes. The goal is a moist piece of chicken with a nice crust. A big thick hunk will dry out before it cooks through.
7. While chicken is frying, cook the waffles according to the directions on your waffle iron.
8. To serve, waffle on bottom, then syrup, chicken on top. I like a little hot sauce on the chicken, but I'm a bit of a freak.