Friday, February 4, 2011

Why?

After losing my father, who was so young at 60, to a heart attack last year I thought that there was no death that could shock me more.  No death ever will shock me more, I guess, but finding out that Luke died last year from brain cancer has shaken me. 


29 years old.  One of the most talented people I think I will ever meet. 

I think the last time I saw him was at Old Man's Kirks, when he was playing in Saturnine or 613 Mob in high school.  Or maybe in passing at Vino's in college.  My memories are fleeting.  I regret that.  I regret that my head has been so far up my ass the past 3 years that I didn't even know that he was sick.

I haven't been living my days as I should.  This has shown me again that life and time are fleeting, and that true friends, and my family, are the 2 most important things in this physical world.  Every day is precious.  Every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment