Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Christmas Confetti Potato Salad

So, with a hubs with many food allergies I have had to alter my recipe book quite a bit.  I used to make my mother's yummy mustard potato salad at family grill time, but now that mustard is off the menu, I make this yummy different one.  Yes, it's pretty different.  Just try it.  I'll convert you

1. 6 medium russett potatoes, large dice
2. 1 cup sour cream
3. 1 cup mayonaisse
4. 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, drained and chopped, reserve a sprinkle for the top
5. 1/2 cup italian parsley, chopped, reserve a sprinkle for the top
6. juice and zest of 1 lemon
7. Salt and pepper to taste
8. Vinegar for sprinkling

Mix ingredients 2-7 and let sit in the fridge while the potatoes cook.  Boil the potatoes in salted water about 15 minutes until tender.  Drain, and sprinkle with a little vinegar while they are hot.  Let them cool slightly.  Mix with the dressing.  Sprinkle extra peppers and parsley on the top before serving.

I, like my grandmother, like potato salad best warm right after it's mixed, but it's good cold too.

No comments:

Post a Comment